Walking Tour and Annual Meeting in Volunteer Park - September 19th
JOIN US for the 2015 ANNUAL MEETING
Saturday, September 19th
Tour of Volunteer Park – 10:00 a.m.
Business Meeting and Potluck Lunch – 12:00 p.m.
Meet at the Black Sun sculpture across from the Seattle Asian Art Museum
Depending on the weather, we will picnic on the grass east of the amphitheater, in the shelter house west of the playground, or at the top of the water tower (provided everyone can join us at the top).
During our short business meeting, current FSOP members will be asked to vote on our incoming board members:
• Leda Chahim – Leda is the government affairs director for Forterra where she works to create livable communities and protect natural lands. We're excited that she will be helping FSOP build stronger relationships with city agencies.
• Dakota Keene – Dakota is a landscape architect and an associate principal at Mithun. She will be establishing FSOP's presence on social media and helping us reach new audiences.
• Ben Streissguth – Ben is co-manager and gardener for Streissguth Gardens on Capitol Hill. Ben has been an FSOP board member in the past and continues to be instrumental in improving FSOP's online presence.
• Bryn Homsy – Bryn is a landscape historian and former landscape director at Casa del Herrero, Santa Barbara, California. She is interested in researching and promoting Seattle's Olmsted legacy.
Additionally, we will vote on the following officers and board members who will be beginning new terms:
• Andy Mitton for President
• Jennifer Ott for Vice President
• Jenifer Rees for Secretary
• Theresa Neylon for Treasurer
• New terms: Jennifer Ott, Jim Gale, Ann Hunt, and Penny Kriese
We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to outgoing board member Richard Piacentini for serving on the FSOP board and his continuing work on the restoration of Magnolia Boulevard.
Drinks and picnic supplies will be provided. Please bring a dish to share.