Cheasty Boulevard was designed by the Olmsted Brothers. It is located in the Jefferson Park neighborhood and runs between the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr. Way and Rainier Ave to the north and Beacon Ave at Jefferson Park to the south. It is 1.3 miles long.
The boulevard was originally the entrance to Jefferson Park and so was named Jefferson Boulevard. It was renamed in 1914 to honor a Seattle Park Board member, E.C. Cheasty, who was instrumental in bringing the Olmsted Brothers to the city to develop a parks and boulevards system. The Olmsted Brothers intended the boulevard to connect Jefferson Park to Mount Baker Boulevard and, ultimately, Lake Washington. Because it winds along a steep and wooded hillside not conducive to residential development, the Brothers saw Cheasty as an "informal" boulevard, with native plantings throughout.