Discovery Park was influenced by the Olmsted Brothers. It is located in the Magnolia neighborhood at 3801 Discovery Park Blvd, WA 98199. It is 534 acres.
Fort Lawton anchors John Charles Olmsted’s 1903 design for Seattle’s park and boulevard system, which included “a continuous pleasure drive from the north end of Bailey Peninsula to Fort Lawton Reservation.” Olmsted drew plans for trails and drives within the fort to maximize access to the site’s outstanding water views, beaches and forests. A portion of the military base became a city park when the federal government transferred 391 acres to the City of Seattle in 1972. The park substantially fulfills Olmsted’s vision.