Ballard Playground is located in the Ballard neighborhood at 2644 NW 60th St, 98107. It is 3.4 acres.
Originally known as Isaac Parker Playfield, the property comprising Ballard Playground was recommended for acquisition in the Olmsted Brothers 1908 supplemental report, which addressed recently annexed areas of the city. John Charles Olmsted observed that the playfield was “open, moderately level, and well adapted” for play. A street ROW running across the site was vacated, and in their 1909 report the parks commissioners announced their plans “to make it one of the largest and best equipped playfields in the city.”