In 1907 Olmsted Brothers designed a playground for the three-acre Hill Tract. Named to honor early mayor John Collins, it became Seattle’s first supervised playground. The plan featured four outdoor spaces on an east-west axis – an oval wading pool at the center; a playground to the west, and a “Lawn for Little Children” and “Open Air Gymnasium Ground for Women” to the east. A recreation center was built in 1912 and over time the site was altered still further. Ownership transferred from Seattle Parks in the 1970’s to make way for an Urban Renewal project, but the eastern two-thirds of the site has been retained as private parkland known as Wisteria Park.