Dearborn Park is located in the Beacon Hill neighborhood at 2919 S Brandon St, 98126. It is 7.7 acres.
Dearborn Park was an existing park in 1903, when Olmsted first visited Seattle. Originally called Somerville Park and located in the town of Somerville, John Charles noted that it “is covered with the original forest which has been little, if at all, injured by woodchoppers and by fires. It should be fenced and carefully preserved as a sample of the beautiful native woods, and only such walks as are found to be necessary should be cut through it.” The park today includes a grassy knoll, tennis courts, trails and a playground. It lies adjacent to Dearborn Elementary School.