Longfellow Creek Natural Area is located at Delridge Way SW and SW Graham Street and areas north and south.
In his 1908 supplemental report, John Charles Olmsted earmarked the area of Longfellow Creek for park and preservation purposes. He saw either a pleasure drive or a linear park occurring along this corridor, called out as “Longfellow Park” in the report. He wrote that this “narrow long park or wide parkway is designed to preserve the wooded valley of Longfellow Creek south of Youngstown between Duwamish Hill and Lincoln Hill and from West Seattle Parkway to South Bourne Parkway.” Today portions of the stream valley are in parks ownership, and a series of trails travel through the wooded sections extending from SW Willow Street up to Greg Davis Park and north of the West Seattle Golf Course to Yancy Street. Olmsted’s vision for Longfellow Park would have included a portion of the golf course where it encompasses the creek.